Gluten Free Peanut Butter and Jelly Brownies
For a different take on a classic brownie, I have added an American twist of peanut butter and jelly (Strawberry Jam to us British folk)!
It’s really moreish and perfect as the nights are getting darker and you want a bit of indulgence. As always, this recipe is gluten free. I hope you enjoy it!
- 300g Dark Chocolate
- 100g Salted Butter
- 200g Caster Sugar
- 3 free-range eggs
- 50g Cornflour
- 30g Cocoa Powder
- Pinch of Salt
- 100g of Dark Chocolate Chunks
- ½ Jar of Raspberry Jam
- 100g Salted Peanuts
- 100g of Frozen Raspberries
Peanut Butter Custard (taken from Jamie Oliver’s Comfort Foods)
- 250ml semi-skimmed milk
- 1 vanilla pod
- 2 large free-range egg yolks
- 50g golden caster sugar
- 1 heaped tbsp corn flour
- 20g unsalted butter (at room temperature)
- 2 heaped tbsp smooth peanut butter
For the Brownie
- Line a medium baking tray with parchment, melt the butter in a pan over a medium heat; once melted turn off the heat and add the chocolate and allow to melt in the residual heat.
- In a separate bowl add the caster sugar.
- Add the warm chocolate and butter mix to the sugar and combine.
- Add the cornflour, cocoa powder and salt.
- Finally, add the chocolate chunks to the mix.
- Spread this onto the lined baking tray.
For the Custard
- Add the milk to a pan and bring to the boil.
- In a separate heat proof dish add the egg yolks, sugar, cornflour and soft butter then combine with a whisk.
- Slowly pour in the milk and stir; add this back to the pan and heat on low until it has thickened.
- Add the peanut butter and stir.
- Distribute randomly to the brownie mix along with the jam and frozen raspberries then use a teaspoon to swirl this through the brownie.
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes at 180 degrees in a fan oven and 200 degrees in a standard oven.
- Leave to cool slightly and then enjoy on it’s own or with a scoop of Vanilla ice cream.
P.S. Remember to post your photos of this recipe on our Facebook page or tag us on instagram @prewettsglutenfree or Twitter @Prewetts1872