https://i0.wp.com/es.prewettsbiscuits.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/cake.jpg?fit=388%2C295&ssl=1 295 388 Pennie Prewett https://es.prewettsbiscuits.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/prewetts-logo-300x113.png Pennie Prewett2017-03-14 10:15:232022-02-02 12:07:13Spiced Pineapple Upside Down Cake
Spiced Pineapple Upside Down Cake
Deliciously moist spiced Pineapple Cake, the perfect summer party bake. This recipe is based on Nigella Lawson’s Polenta Cake which I absolutely love. It’s so moist and buttery. I have added the spiced pineapple to add another flavour to the cake.
- 1 tin of pineapple rings
- 50g dark brown sugar
- 250g softened butter
- 200g caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 100g polenta
- 200g ground almonds
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder (Make sure this is gluten free)
- 1 tsp ground cardamom
- 1 tsp ground mixed spice
- Line a 9 inch cake tin with baking parchment.
- In the bottom of the tin place the pineapple rings, then top with small knobs of butter (around 50g). Then Sprinkle with 50g of dark brown sugar.
- In a mixing bowl combine the left over butter and caster sugar until soft and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time.
- Then mix in the ground almonds, polenta, baking powder, cardamom and mixed spice.
- Spread this into the cake tin and bake at 180 degrees for around 45-50 minutes or until you can put a knife into the cake and it comes out clean.
Leave to cool, turn out and enjoy!
P.S. Remember to post your photos of this recipe on our Facebook page or tag us on Twitter @Prewetts1872 or Instagram @prewettsglutenfree